The St. Katherine Greek Orthodox Church Preschool is seeking to fill Greek and English teacher positions for the 2022-23 school year. The Preschool is a Greek - English bilingual preschool that provides a loving and safe environment and an enriched learning experience to children ages 2 - 5 years old with year-round, part time, full time and extended day program options. The Preschool is open to all families who wish to enrich their children’s education by introducing them to the Greek language, Hellenic culture and the Greek Orthodox faith.
We are looking for a qualified preschool teacher who will nurture the children in a faith-based, family-oriented environment while also preparing them for kindergarten. The role involves teaching in the classroom while implementing a curriculum that is based on Virginia tandards of L earning for Early Childhood within the framework of bilingual education. Teachers work in a community school that values small classes, professional development, and a collaborative approach to teaching. We are looking for both English and Greek speaking teachers.
- Teaching responsibilities: Design and deliver student-centered instruction for 1 - 2 classes in Greek or English. P ovide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use during learning activities. Help foster students’ social-emotional growth by facilitating appropriate peer-to-peer interactions and developing self-regulation skills. Establish routines and procedures that maintain student safety and ensure an orderly learning environment in accordance with the Parent’s and Teacher’s Handbooks .
-Program/Lesson Plan Development: In conjunction with the Director and other teachers (as applicable), develop and implement weekly lesson plans in accordance with the curriculum.
- Parent communication: In conjunction with the Principal and other eachers (if applicable), meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine priorities, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development. S end regular updates to parents regarding general class progress.
-Community Outreach: Assist the Principal as necessary in conducting community outreach, to include participating in Church community events (e.g., Christmas pageant, Greek Independence Day celebration) and in other community events as indicated by Clergy, the Committee, and/or Parish Council.
- Current knowledge of best practices in instruction for children ages 2 - 5
- A child-centered approach to teaching and the ability to organize a safe and nurturing learning environment
- Experience and/or education in early childhood teaching
- Experience and/or education pertaining to bilingual learners a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken Greek for Greek language teachers
- Passion and motivation for teaching preschool age children
- Collaborative and reliable approach to communicating with families and colleagues
- Range of instructional skills to support teaching different age groups as enrollment dictates
- Certification in child CPR or willing to become certified
- Associates Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred
- Virginia teaching certification a plus
Job Type: Full or Part Time
For more information, please contact HECemail@example.com